Zoetrope Animation Toy - Large
Zoetrope Animation | Traditional Vintage Classic Victorian Toy
As seen in film The Woman In Black with Daniel Radcliffe
The Zoetrope is an an animated vintage toy that was originally developed in 1830s.
The Zoetrope has recently been a major feature in the film, "The Woman In Black" starring Daniel Radcliffe. This is a modern replica of a traditional Zoetrope.
A Zoetrope is a device that produces the illusion of motion from a rapid succession of static pictures. The zoetrope consists of a cylinder with slits cut vertically in the sides. On the inner surface of the cylinder is a band with images from a set of sequenced pictures. As the cylinder spins, the user looks through the slits at the pictures across. The scanning of the slits keeps the pictures from simply blurring together, and the user sees a rapid succession of images, producing the illusion of motion.
Just insert an animation strip, spin the drum and look through the slots. The pictures instantly spring to life!
Change the 20 included picture strips at will!
- Zoetrope Animation Vintage Toy As Seen In The Woman In Black
- The Zoetrope Animation Is Featured In The Film With Daniel Radcliffe
- Zeotrope is an Optical Classic Toy
- Spinning Wheel with slots in
- Height: 9.37 inches, Diameter: 8.54 inches (21.7 x 21.7 x 23.8 cm)
Size: Diameter: 20cm Height: 22cm
Zoetrope Animation Classic Optical Illusion Toy
Zoetrope Animation Vintage Toy
Zeotrope is an Optical Classic Toy
Includes 20 Animation Strips
Spinning Wheel with slots in
Material: Consist of a ABS drum with “slots”supported on a zamac laquered base.
20 Images (printed coloured paper strips)
The included instruction booklet provides a history of this classic invention, explains how it works.
The Animated Strips are of the following:
- Man running
- Horse running
- Lady looking in mirror
- 2 seals throwing ball to each other with their nose
- Big Fat man rolling/head over heals
- Male Gymnast
- Another male gymnast
- 2 young girls dancing
- Lady jumping over water bucket
- Jack in a box
- 2 men hammering
- Tiger running
- Lady and man dancing
- Man juggling and rolling a barrel
- Rocking horse
- Circus act of man jumping through a circle
- Man taking hat/head on and off
- 2 kids jumping over each other
- Dancing cartoon man
Not suitable for children under 14 years. For use under adult supervision.